One of our most important jobs at school is ensuring the safety of our students. We have a drop-off and pick-up procedure for families who will be driving their child to school each morning or picking them up in the afternoon. This procedure was established with a partnership between city officials, administration, and local law enforcement.
Below are some reminders to help keep the line moving and students safe. We ask that you would be respectful of the process and of others enforcing the procedures in place.
1. Drop-off times are from 7:45-8:10 a.m. and school begins promptly at 8:10 a.m. Please do not drop your students off before 7:45 a.m. Students are not allowed into the classroom until 7:55, and they will be in the multi-purpose room until they are dismissed to the classrooms. We do not have supervision in the multi-purpose room until 7:45 and cannot have students in the building any earlier, except if they are eating breakfast which starts at 7:40.
2. Pick-up times are from 2:45-3:00 p.m. We have a staggered release time starting at 2:45 until 2:50 to allow for a safe dismissal of all of our students. There will be a gate closing off the back part of the drop-off and pick-up loop (see map on other side) that will be opened at 7:45 and 2:30, to ensure the safety of students walking to school in the morning and playing on the playground at the end of the day. If a child is not picked up by 3:00, he/she will be brought to the main office where families will be called as a reminder to have their child picked up from school. If an older sibling from the MS or HS is picking up a student, please remind them of the designated pick-up times.
3. Please stay in the right hand lane. Pulling into the left lane causes near accidents as cars are pulling forward and is unsafe for cars backing out of the parking spaces.
4. The drop off zone is in between the orange cones ONLY! Dropping your children off on the grass backs up the line as the front cars pull forward, and could also be unsafe for your child. If you are the first car in line, please pull ALL THE WAY UP TO THE FIRST ORANGE CONE so as to let as many cars into the drop off zone as possible.
5. Have your student(s) exit/enter your vehicle on the right side (on the sidewalks) for their safety.
6. Please stay in your vehicle. If your child needs help with the car door, our staff can assist you in order to keep the line moving smoothly. If you need to help your children out or walk them into school, please find a parking space either behind the building or in the front parking lot.
If you have other family members dropping off or picking up your child, we would greatly appreciate it if you could pass this on to them so they are informed of the process as well.